Morning of surgery
Do not carry any metal tools (hair clamps, jewelry, etc.)
Wear comfortable shoes and clothing and avoid wearing pantyhose
It is best to have a pillow and blanket in the car so you can use it when you return from the hospital.
After nose surgery
1. Cold compresses (A gel eye mask) on eyes and cheeks are recommended for the first 2 to 3 days after surgery and after the third day warm compresses could be applied.
3.Normal saline spray or serum to cleanse or moisten nostrils 3 to 4 times daily.
5 blowing your nose is forbidden for at least three weeks after surgery but you can raise your nose as much as you want.
7. Any type of nose manipulation (nose rubbing, fining and massage) is forbidden in the first three weeks after surgery, and sneezing during this period should be done by mouth.
9.Do not take vitamin tablets or other nutritional supplements.
11. You can leave home the second day after surgery.
13. Internal splints make you feel like having the flu and cause sneezing reflexes. Don’t worry, sneeze with your mouth open. Sneezing does not ruin your nose!
15. Swimming is prohibited in the first month, after which you are only free to swim in the pool with chlorinated water for two months.
17. Avoid wearing glasses for three weeks.
19. Contact your doctor if you have a fever or pain that is not controlled by painkillers or persistent clear nose bleeding.
21. Do not sleep on your face for up to two months after surgery. .
23. You should tape your nose for the first two months after surgery as instructed by your doctor and change the tapes every other day.
2. Use of ointment prescribed for you with a cotton applicator on the sutures and below nostrils twice daily ,for the first week.
4.Do not use any kind of nasal vasoconstrictor sprays during recovery.
6. Regularly change the frontal bandage until the nasal discharge stops and remove the dressing after the discharging stops.
8. Do not stay in hot places as much as possible.
10. Stay in a vertical position except for sleeping time.
12. Plastic splints are waterproof You can take a warm shower for 2 to 3 minutes every day. You can wet the splint but you should not expose it to steam.
14. Do not exercise for a month.
16. Avoid lifting weights over three kilograms, up to a month and a half after surgery.
18. Be careful not to hit your nose.
20.Have a fluid diet on the day of surgery. After the first day of the surgery have a soft diet, any eating that causes excessive movement of the lips (such as eating apples or corn) is forbidden for the first three weeks.
22. Nasal sutures are removed on the 9th or 10th day after surgery.
24. Nasal skin numbness is normal up to the first six months after surgery.
The first appointment with your doctor after surgery
• Your first appointment is 7 days after surgery when the sutures and external splint are removed by your doctor and you are taught how to tape your nose.
• Take a warm shower for 20 to 30 minutes before going to the office to soften and remove the external splint.
• Your nose is swollen because of surgery, especially in the tip of the nose and the tip of the nose is slightly over-raised so don’t judge your nose appearance until one year after surgery.
• The sutures in the nose can be absorbed. Sometimes the process of absorbing sutures in the nose causes a bad smell in your nose which is not a concern.
• You can use anti-inflammatory foods (green tea, pineapple, parsley, etc.) from day 10 after surgery.
• Apply sunscreen with SPF over 30 in the first six months after surgery.
• After surgery, you should visit your doctor one week later, one month later, three months later, six months later and one year later.
Mention clsfyd.com when calling seller to get a good deal